Thursday, August 2, 2012

NEW MUSIC: MARIAH CAREY - "TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM) FT. RICK ROSS & MEEK MILL"


Official Artwork for Triumphant (Get 'Em)
Never judge a Track by its Title. I must admit when I first glanced at the Title for Mariah Carey's new Single Triumphant (Get 'Em) ft. Rick Ross & Meek Mill, I felt an unspoken sense for disappointment. Believe me, I'm her biggest Fan and have been to all her Concerts, own all her CDs and DVDs and even was a Preferred Member of her Honey B. Fly Fan Club for years. I however, haven't been a huge Fan of her last sub-par Discs (I tried hard to love them!) as I feel they've veered a little too far off her Standard.

Triumphant (Get 'Em) gets a timely release today during the London 2012 Olympics and after hearing the Bryan-Michael Cox-produced Track, I am relieved. Yes, Mariah still is staying current with the Urban Sounds of Now, but this feels and sounds familiar, which is all a Lamb could want. Never abandon a successful Brand, especially when it's had 18 #1 Singles.

Will Triumphant (Get 'Em) be Mariah's 19th #1 Single? All she needs is one more to surpass The Beatles' tally of 20. We'll soon see.

Check out this Snippet in the meantime:


(Photo credit/audio content: Universal Music)