Wednesday, June 29, 2011

SARAH POLLEY COMMENTS ON "TAKE THIS WALTZ"


Sarah Polley & Mr. Will-W.
Just as I was heading into a Screening tonight, I ran into acclaimed Gemini and Genie Award-winning Actress/Oscar-nominated Screenwriter Sarah Polley coming out of the National Film Board of Canada.  Just as she head off to her next destination, kindly she stopped to pose for a Photo.

I had to of course ask her my most burning question - whether or not her Toronto-filmed Take this Waltz will be premiering at the Toronto International Film Festival this September.  She smiled back at me, "Nothing's finalized yet!".  That answer would in the least bit appear to indicate it's in close contention?  And considering her favourable relationship with TIFF, I'd say she's a shoe-in! 

Polley's 2008 directorial debut Away from Her premiered at TIFF, eventually seeing Julie Christie get an Oscar nomination, in addition to a Best Adapted Screenplay nod for her own writing.  I did camp-out at the set for Take this Waltz last Summer and you can read some of my coverage here.

No comments:

Post a Comment